Friday, July 26, 2013

Juicing - O.Rp.Cau.Ci.To.Cu.Cel.Par.Cay

If you read the Ginger Soup post and the Cauliflower and Apple soup post, you may have noticed that I started not only a 30 day core challenge but a 30 day squat challenge, as well.  In my adventure to get in shape, I decided I better start introducing healthy eating habits.

Today is actually Day 5 of the core challenge and Day 1 of the squat challenge.  Today's workout was not bad.  I'm starting to think I should add some cardio to this.  Maybe after my Calculus 3 exam Friday.

Today I decided to mix juiced vegetables with other leftover vegetables (from the Curry Cauliflower and Apple Soup) and blend them together.

I juiced the following vegetables (Gazpacho Juice recipe from http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/)
4 plum tomatoes
1 large cucumber
2 celery stalks
1 red bell pepper
1/4 small red onion
2 cups parsley
1 lime

I poured 1/2 of the juice in the blender (saved the other 1/2 for another day) and added 3/4 cup cauliflower, 1/4 cup cilantro and 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper.  Blended well.  It turned out pretty good and I didn't waste the leftover veges from the soup.







No comments:

Post a Comment