Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pasta with Pesto and Shrimp

This is another modified recipe.  The original recipe came from the Flat Belly Diet Cookbook.

Decided not to use pine nuts, instead used sliced almonds.  Since my friends and I like garlic I added 2 cloves instead of 1 clove.  Since we didn’t have angel hair pasta, I used garden rotini pasta.  The original recipe didn’t call for shrimp, but it sounded good so of course I threw it in.

Pasta and Shrimp
1 pkg Garden Rotini pasta
2 cups shrimp
2 TBSP Butter
¼ tsp salt

Pesto
1 ½ cups packed fresh basil
2 cloves garlic
1 TBPS olive oil
½ cup lightly toasted sliced almonds

Toppings
Ken’s Steakhouse Lite Ceasar
Grated Parmesan Cheese

Cooked the pasta according to package directions.  When I drained the pasta, I drained the liquid into a bowl and set it aside.  Cooked the shrimp in butter.  Finely pureed pesto ingredients in a food processor.  Re-added the pasta back into the pan, added the pesto and the shrimp in addition to 6 TBPS water from the cooked pasta.  Serve in bowls and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.  One person added a few teaspoons of Ken’s Steakhouse Lite Caesar salad dressing and it ended up tasting pretty good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment