Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Slow Cooker Orange BBQ Pulled Pork


Slow Cooker Orange BBQ Pulled Pork

This was a super easy recipe.  Started the meal and had time to start the seasoning for tomorrow’s recipe. 

I just added pork, juice from an orange, and a bottle of Kraft Hickory Barbecue Sauce in a slow cooker, simple and easy.  No juicer at the house so I just squeezed the oranges with my hands. 

Starting to think about Christmas gifts like those little juicers for oranges, yes already, in January for December 2011, for some of the friends I cook for to make my life easier. J  Anyways, slight left turn into right field, now back to the recipe…

I cooked on high for 3 hours then turned the slow cooker to low and ran errands for 2 hours.  When I got back to the house I took the pork out to shred with 2 forks and put the pork back in the BBQ sauce.  Some of the people used buns and some of us used flour tortillas.  Some of the toppings used were sliced dill pickles, sliced onions and WSU Ferdinand’s Smoked Cheddar cheese.   Was not sure about dill pickles and barbecue sauce, but it was pretty good. 

Recipe link:

4 comments:

  1. sounds yummy, I am hungry from reading this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend has 2 sons, one in middle school and one in high school, both of them really liked this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, now here in Texas I feel like it's totally normal to be served pickles with your bbq. Did you like it?
    I finally subscribed to your blog and I love it! But it makes me wish you were still here. :(

    Cant wait to try some of these recipes!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really did like the pickle on the BBQ Wrap. I used a flour tortilla instead of a bun. I wish I was there, too! Cooking with you was fun, and entertaining. hahaha Nice picture!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete