Friday, June 5, 2020

Happy Vege Salad – Take 1



The stay at home order has been a challenge some days and not so bad other days.  I do get cabin fever at times and want to get out, but if there isn’t a good reason, I’ll stay in.  Other days, just staying in and catching up on reading is nice.  Recipes are sometimes a challenge due to grocery stores not having all ingredients in stock.  Comfort food eating has been fun, but now my body is screaming for healthy food.   Only took 2 stores to find what I was looking for.  Of course, in a small town with 3 major grocery stores, 2 stores is cutting it close.  I was looking for fresh and basic so I made a simple salad. 

1 - 15.25 oz can of white and yellow corn
1 small bag of yellow, orange and red mini peppers, diced
1 - 12 oz bag of edamame
1 – 12 oz jar of roasted red pepper, chopped

Mix everything in a bowl.  That’s it.  Simple, healthier than what I have been eating, refreshing.  



No comments:

Post a Comment