Thursday, November 4, 2010

BBQ Beef Sandwiches

I have taken on the task of using up items in a freezer that need to be used up.  One of my favorite challenges, someone else's freezer.  First item on the list was sliced beef bottom round roast.  I did my normal search on the internet and came up with a very easy recipe from the Betty Crocker website.  Slow Cooker Root Beer Barbecue Beef Sandwiches.  Barbecue sauce and root beer in a slow cooker!  Very easy!  Instead of using buns we used multi-grain flatbread and flour tortillas.  Sprinkled shredded blended cheese on heated tortillas or flatbread and rolled up like a jelly roll.  Leftovers were served on buns and as wraps.

Recipe Link:
Slow Cooker Root Beer Barbecue Beef Sandwiches

6 comments:

  1. Sounds so good. How did you like it? How long did it cook in the crockpot? I have never done any shredded beef in the crockpot, there's a first for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out good! Since the beef was already sliced and not a whole roast I cooked it on low for about 8 hours. I used Longhorn BBQ Sauce. One of my favorite BBQ sauces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea Rachel! You taught me to make soup from leftovers in the fridge. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful! I'd wrap in a tortilla & cover with extra sauce ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adding a spicy red pepper sauce is apparently good, too.

    ReplyDelete