Thursday, November 4, 2010

Introduction


I enjoy cooking!  I’m not a professional chef, I didn’t attend cooking school, but both parents were great cooks and I started learning to cook from them.  In addition to cooking in my own kitchen, I cook for family and friends in their kitchens, which is how I came up with the title Rachel’s Kitchen-to-Kitchen Cooking.  Each kitchen is different; the oven temperatures are different, the measuring spoons and measuring cups, or lack of, types of kitchen gadgets, the list goes on.  Some of the meals are the same and some are different.  Someone might be on the Atkins diet, another might be on the Flat Belly diet, and some of them aren’t on a diet at all, but may have allergies.  Many go grocery shopping and don’t use everything in the fridge before it starts going bad, some hardly go shopping at all.  I’ve heard many times, “I have nothing in the house to eat, or I don’t know what to make”.  Whether I’m in their kitchen or on the phone, I enjoy the challenge of brainstorming with them to try to figure something out without having to make a trip to the store or at least not buying too much.   In many cases I’ve been asked to share the recipes, especially the ones that I call “Clean out the Fridge Soups” (in some cases this is the freezer and / or cabinets).  So, here I start a blog of my kitchen adventures!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks! Thanks for encouraging me to start the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that I have one of the kitchens you cook in! Yes, I said cook, not cooked! Hopefully, more to come. Very yummy turkey chili!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is perfect to cook in! Nice kitchen, comfy guest room, everyone likes my cooking so far. Oh, and the very warm wood stove!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dishes are yummy. If you have any vegetarian dish, please post one that's easy to prepare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Noemi,

    I will check the pumpkin bisque recipe to see if that uses chicken stock or vegetable stock.

    ReplyDelete