Friday, November 5, 2010

London Broil with Herb Butter

Ok...two postings today!

Beef Top Round London Broil
Continuing the freezer challenge.  Today is beef top round London broil.  Ok, two pieces of large steak.  If I stand these up to the small dog that lives in this house, they are taller than the dog.  In fact I pictured putting the steak on the back of the dog just to see a large raw steak with little legs walking around the house…but then I know the owner of the dog would not appreciate the humor of the idea and we wouldn’t be eating steak for dinner tonight.  So…back to the recipe!
Searched online again for a recipe.  Found one on www.foodnetwork.com.  Made the marinade this morning.  After putting the marinade and the steak in the fridge, I went to the store for the rest of the ingredients.  After getting back from the store I was able to make the herb butter.   I have nothing else to do for the recipe until 4:30 pm.  Fast forward to 4:30 pm.  I removed the steaks from the fridge, then removed them from the marinade and patted them dry.  Sliced each steak in half and waited until the steaks were room temperature to cook.  Used a large skillet to cook the steaks and pans with water in them for the weight to place on top of the steaks.  After the steaks were done, I placed them on a plate and put the herb butter on top, covered and let sit for 10 minutes.  The steaks were served with red potatoes, asparagus and multi-grain garlic bread. 

Recipe Link:



1 comment: