Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Slow Cooker Soup - Tuesday

Soups that sit in the fridge overnight seem to taste better sometimes.  I had leftover soup from Monday (see Monday's post) so I took the stoneware out of the fridge and added a can of stewed tomatoes and diced ham.  I bought the $8 ham for $3.  It had to be sold by the next day and was marked down!  BONUS!  I forgot to mention in my last post that this is a great, inexpensive way to eat during the week.

Leftover soup from Monday
1 can of stewed tomatoes
Diced ham - whatever fits in the slow cooker

After I got to work I took the stone ware out of the fridge and set it on a towel.  I added 1 can of stewed tomatoes which I do not bother dicing up, too messy for the office.  I chopped up ham and added little by little until the stoneware was almost full.  I didn't add anymore spices since the ham added flavor.  I let the stoneware sit for a bit until it wasn't really cold then added it to the slow cooker base.  Turned it on low until the stoneware warmed up then turned it on high.  No real timing to it.  It's usually on low until I take a break and walk over to turn it on high.  Timing on things varies in the office.  The soup turned out really good with the addition of the ham.  Of course, there were leftovers after I finished eating so I let the stoneware cool down before putting it in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment