Monday, January 1, 2018

Soup in a 2 Quart Slow Cooker - Monday

Since I decided to go back to school and I'm still working a full time plus another part time job, I am testing new ways to make quick and easy meals in a slow cooker.  I bought a 2 quart slow cooker awhile ago and decided to keep it in my office.  I take a variety of canned goods to work as well as keep some spices on hand.  Now that I think about it, I need to remember to replace those spices at my home.  Monday's lunch usually ends up being dinner sometimes or Tuesday's lunch or lunch for a couple people.  Sometimes it's probably not really soup but rather heated vegetables and beans with a little bit of liquid.  The cans are usually around 15 oz depending on the brand.  I start this soup in the morning around 7 or 7:30 am depending on when I get to work.  These recipes are written as basic outlines, they are not detailed.  Usually by the end of the week I get tired and the posts will get shorter.  Just an idea, print this post since it will be referenced throughout the week.

1 can of black beans, not drained
1 can of kidney beans, not drained
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can of corn, drained
1 chicken bouillon cube
Thyme
Rosemary
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Truffle Salt

Add the canned goods, I do not drain the beans but I do drain the corn.  Add spices to taste.  I usually add a little in the beginning, let it cook for awhile then add more later.  I only add a little bit of truffle salt.  I set this on high until I'm ready to eat a snack or lunch which is anywhere between 10:30am and 1pm.  After around 4 hours I turn the soup to low if I'm working later and want another snack otherwise I just turn the slow cooker off.  On Mondays there is always leftover soup so after the slow cooker and contents cool down I take the stoneware out of the base and put it in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment